Proposed Mission Statement
for the Rutland Center Church and Cemetery Committee
- The Rutland Center Church and Cemetery Committee seeks to promote interest, secure long term funding, identify people and furnish information that will make it possible for the Town of Rutland to
- • restore the Rutland Center Church,
- • provide for the continuing preservation and possible expansion of the cemetery,
- • register the building on appropriate state and national registries,
- • encourage the development of genealogical records for those interred at the site,
- • and ultimately make the church available on a
nonsectarian basis for weddings, funerals, services and meetings.
This statement will be discussed at the November 3,
2003 meeting of the Committee and presented to the Rutland Town Board on November 4.. Suggestions, comments, proposed additions and deletions are welcome.
Return to Homepage